Customer intelligence firm, Walker Information recently released Customers 2020, the first-ever study of the future of B-to-B customer experience industry.
The study reflects Walker’s view of the future based on input from customer experience professionals from large, multinational, B-to-B organizations representing a range of industries, and is designed to reveal the customer experience industry of the future.
Some of the findings include:
- Customers will demand a more personalized experience; forcing companies to tailor their products and services to the unique needs of each customer.
- Customers will expect companies to be more proactive, anticipating their current and future needs. To meet these expectations companies will need to leverage advanced analytics to predict customer behavior and exceed customer expectations.
- With an explosion of communication methods, customers will interact on their own terms. Companies will need to deliver a consistent, high-quality experience across all channels of communication.
- As the pace of innovation continues to accelerate, companies will focus on creating a competitive advantage based on the experiences they deliver, placing less emphasis on product and pricing strategies.
- In the future there will be a great deal of attention on how “engaged” a customer is with a company. Highly customized measurements will focus on customer engagement as a leading indicator of growth.
To read more about this study and the White Paper, click here.